Valued Contributor
navigatethis12
Re: Shot down for Chase Amazon?

maiden_girl wrote:

Little update here...

So apparently a recon was not necessary. I received this in my inbox this morning.

Congratulations! You have been approved for the Amazon.com Consumer Rewards Visa® Card. Your new card has been automatically added to your Amazon.com account as your default payment method. Before using your card, obtain your cardmember agreement and other important information about your account through the link below. Once you have obtained your cardmember agreement, you can start using your card immediately.

I guess they really did need additional time to process my application. I even double checked my Amazon account and the card has been added as a default payment with a little nice surprise...a $30 gift card! Mahah! I am shocked by the credit line however---$1,500 wth. It's a bit off from my CL on my freedom card (3k). I am going to call and ask Chase to match my Chase Amazon and Chase Freedom. Would they have to HP my credit again? And should I do it before or after I activate my card?

Great. I requested in increase on a Chase card two days after and it was another hard pull. The representative (not an analyst) said it would not be since they just pulled in thirty days, but he was incorrect. There is never any harm in trying though.