Mega Contributor
LS2982
Re: Chase Sapphire Preferred

rbaby wrote:

I'm glad I called the recon line a day after I applied.  I had informed them that I lifted my security freeze and wanted to ensure that my application was processed within my lifted timeframe.  They asked a few questions, namely a fraud account charge off that Capital One refuses to absolve me of (even though all purchases were made in a completely different state than where I live...and I have debit statements to prove my whereabouts...sigh).  The nice rep told me to call back again to follow up but based on our discussion, can definitely do something for me.

I called back a few days later, there were additional questions--namely verification and I finally got my approval.  On the day I received my card in the mail--I also received the automated "you have been declined--due to charge off on your credit report" letter.  HAHA :smileyhappy:

CONGRATS!!!!

What CL did you get?

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014