Moderator Emeritus
Re: LUMP IT, AND LIKE IT!
[ Edited ]

snowkitty wrote:
@webhopper I don't mean to ask an unrelated question here but I'm curious as to why your Lowes card was closed? That would be scary to be declined at the checkout and not know why

Sorry I can't paste in reply to webhoppers post bu I'm on my cell

I have no idea, to this day of why my account was closed.  It was opened in May 2008, after I bought a new house.   I used the card to do 0% interest on appliances.  I Paid in full before the promo period had expired. Also, charged a new garage door, and Paid that in full. I made the 2200 payment to pay the card off before the promo interest period ended.  Then, I wanted to use my account to purchase a 400 deep freeze.  Declined at register, talked to customer service, they told me account was closed. The bizarre thing was that I got an official letter a year later letting me know that my account would be closed.  No reason given.

I can only assume that they didn't like my minimum payments during the promo period. And they didn't like me paying the balance in full before the promo period expired.  It was bizarre. My CL was $4500 when account was opened.  Apparently they balance chased and then closed. I have no idea what the exact close date was.

Lowes account.JPG

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge