Frequent Contributor
Posts: 399
Registered: ‎08-02-2011
Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

I used my Chase Freedom to buy tickets on Allegiantair.com, which ran about 200 bucks. On the statement it said I earned - 200 points. Hmm, not the 1,000 I was expecting with this quarter being 5% on airlines and hotels. I called customer service about the missing 800 points and the rep took a look.

 

 

Did I register this quarter was the first question. "Yep, it sure looks like you did," she said.

 

"That's weird." she continued.  "How about I just manually put an extra 3,000 points in your account, that ought to make things better!"

 


Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎01-04-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

Thats Gr8 it makes up for you being inconvienced having to call csr. Way to go!

Established Contributor
Posts: 731
Registered: ‎02-15-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

Nice!

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,270
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

LTomBerry wrote:

I used my Chase Freedom to buy tickets on Allegiantair.com, which ran about 200 bucks. On the statement it said I earned - 200 points. Hmm, not the 1,000 I was expecting with this quarter being 5% on airlines and hotels. I called customer service about the missing 800 points and the rep took a look.

 

 

Did I register this quarter was the first question. "Yep, it sure looks like you did," she said.

 

"That's weird." she continued.  "How about I just manually put an extra 3,000 points in your account, that ought to make things better!"

 


shame on her for not knowing the rules. 

good for you for getting free money =) 

 

the rules states you get the 5% only if you buy directly from the airlines/hotels. 

 

so using 3rd party sites like expedia/travelocity/allegiantair do not count towards the 5%

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 399
Registered: ‎08-02-2011
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

creditnocash wrote:

LTomBerry wrote:

I used my Chase Freedom to buy tickets on Allegiantair.com, which ran about 200 bucks. On the statement it said I earned - 200 points. Hmm, not the 1,000 I was expecting with this quarter being 5% on airlines and hotels. I called customer service about the missing 800 points and the rep took a look.

 

 

Did I register this quarter was the first question. "Yep, it sure looks like you did," she said.

 

"That's weird." she continued.  "How about I just manually put an extra 3,000 points in your account, that ought to make things better!"

 


shame on her for not knowing the rules. 

good for you for getting free money =) 

 

the rules states you get the 5% only if you buy directly from the airlines/hotels. 

 

so using 3rd party sites like expedia/travelocity/allegiantair do not count towards the 5%


Umm, Allegiant Air is the name of the airline. Allegiantair.com is its official website. I bought directly from the airline.

Shame on you for not knowing your smaller airlines :smileyhappy:

 


Starting Score: 690
Current Score: EQ 780 EX 814 TU 783
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 2,270
Registered: ‎07-23-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

LTomBerry wrote:

creditnocash wrote:

LTomBerry wrote:

I used my Chase Freedom to buy tickets on Allegiantair.com, which ran about 200 bucks. On the statement it said I earned - 200 points. Hmm, not the 1,000 I was expecting with this quarter being 5% on airlines and hotels. I called customer service about the missing 800 points and the rep took a look.

 

 

Did I register this quarter was the first question. "Yep, it sure looks like you did," she said.

 

"That's weird." she continued.  "How about I just manually put an extra 3,000 points in your account, that ought to make things better!"

 


shame on her for not knowing the rules. 

good for you for getting free money =) 

 

the rules states you get the 5% only if you buy directly from the airlines/hotels. 

 

so using 3rd party sites like expedia/travelocity/allegiantair do not count towards the 5%


Umm, Allegiant Air is the name of the airline. Allegiantair.com is its official website. I bought directly from the airline.

Shame on you for not knowing your smaller airlines :smileyhappy:

 


ive travelled to most major cities and have never heard of such airline. 

matter of fact i just went back to the website they dont even fly in my tri-state area. 

they are a really small underdog. 

i retract my statement and glad you got your points. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9


2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Senior Contributor
Posts: 6,242
Registered: ‎08-16-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch
Lol score!! Chase is hit or miss ime... In this case, you got boooommmbbbb customer service!!!!:-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $12.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Arrival $12.7k | Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Established Contributor
Posts: 657
Registered: ‎06-27-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

Very nice!

 

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Established Contributor
Posts: 1,837
Registered: ‎08-20-2012
Re: Chase really hooked me up after UR glitch

Sweet