Regular Contributor
tylaw13
Question about closed credit card

Hey everybody im helping my sister out who has not been so responsible with her credit. First off she has 2 cards 1 Comerica Bank card with a 2k CL and a Gap visa with a 2k CL.

Lets start with the Comerica Card. As of her september statement she owed $1,783.42 and the card was open. Up to september shes been late every payment since January and hasnt been making the minimum payment but she was making some payments. October comes and she pays the minimum payment of $355 which brings her balance down to $1,334.25 and new minimum payment to $56. Well she got her statement for October and says "Your account has been closed to further use of credit. If you still have cards in your possession, please cut them in half and return them to us."

I am focusing on the Comerica Card for now but basically the same situation with the GAP card. I want her to keep both but they both say closed.

My question is has anybody ever had a deliquent account re-opened after paying it? or is this a lost cause and im wasting my time trying to get these re-opened for her? I emailed the CEO of Comerica bank on my sisters behalf. we will see what happens with that. I just want some advice from you guys.

EQ FICO - 725 (9/11/13) TU FICO - 724 (6/27/13) EX FICO (6/30/13) 755 AMEX
Im my wallet - Cap1 Platinum MC(2000) Chase Freedom(1500) AMEX BCE (7000) Discover IT (8000) CSP (15000) Cal Coast CU (8000)