Valued Contributor
lg8302ch
Re: MYFICO 800 CLUB

Hi to everybody

I am very new to looking at my credit score because I live outside the US for now 26 years.   Discover just declined a pre-screen application offer and I had been told that my "revolving" balances are too high.  Well I do only have credit cards in the US  which I pay  the bill in full every month by  an automatic payment plan at the due date so I will not have to think to miss a payment. Like this I have 100% score in the past 7 years.  But BofA has reported a minimum payment of 15USD  only and "pays as agreed" to the Fico.  With open balances of each card of 600-1000USD and a minimum payment of 15USD it is understandable that I get denied. But I do pay every bill in full every month but since I use the cards constantly the "open" amount each month is pretty much the same and it looks that I would not pay my bills. Improving my scores are a mission impossible? Or would it help to pay part early  manually before the automatic payment it done automatically?

Is it normal that the credit card company reports the minimm amount of 15USD if  the balance is always paid in full? My goal to get close to the 800 is out of reach like this or does anybody know how to improof the score but still use my credit cards?  I am pretty lost here and it does not look right to me that I get treated the same way as if I would pay  off 15USD only  every month by paying 600-1000USD every month. Anyway to improve my score and not stop using my cards. Simulation of increasing the credit line did not bring any results as it is far from being max out and stays below 10%. 

Any suggestion appreciated to reach my goal of 800+ on all ... 

cheers

FICO® EQ 784 (as of today) - TU 771 (07/25) * Fako EX 789 (09/02 - CS) * last app 06/01/14 * INQ last 2 yrs TU: 5, EX: 7, EQ: 7

Move the mouse over the cards for detailed view!..................................................................* Silver Spade Garden Club member *