Revelate
Re: Secured vs unsecured
[ Edited ]

HiLine wrote:

Lol at the 50k+ credit lines. Give me 40k for a year and I can show you a better way to build your credit. After 1 year I wil return your 40k. Win-win. :smileywink:

+1 for BofA Bankamericard Travel Rewards secured card being the best of its kind. The upper limit for the credit line is 10k. The card is reported as a secured card, which is not as valuable as an unsecured card with the same credit limit from a prime lender when you apply for a card and get your application manually reviewed.

That's news to me, I didn't know that BOFA had their Travel Rewards available on their secured card?  I had only heard of the 1-2-3.  You're absolutely right though about it's not being publicized, not sure why the 1-2-3 rewards (or even better the Travel ones if that works for you) make it the best secured product around.  

Their website last I checked actually says something like $4999, but I recently had a 5K secured card through them (post their listed limit on their website) so I know it's not entirely accurate.

@bahbahd: the only secured card I know that will go up to 50K is the SDFCU (State Department) and actually I think it tops out at 100K; comes with a EMV chip too which is the only secured card I'm aware of which does that if you travel in Europe at all.  I looked into it when there was a good chance of my being sent to the UK but while the project got killed, it did look like a good card.  +1 to Crashem for that information originally.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge