Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Re: Should I re-open this card? Pls help (newbie)
As the above members stated, Welcome, you have definitely come to the right place. There are many people here who can help you by answering questions.

I think you have two separate concerns here. 1. You want your BofA back, and you have figured out a reasonable path for doing that on your own, which is great. 2. You want to rebuild your credit. This one isn't as easy and I don't pretend to have the solution.

You may have read this already, but in credit, the harder they come, the harder they fall. Aka - those with the most to lose (750+ scores and perfect history) fall farther from one negative item than those with already spotted histories. FICO has basically dropped you lower and said you are a completely new risk to lenders with those lates. So, as you have figured out, your lates are your biggest issue, and will for the time being likely trump other FICO negatives (utilization, new accounts, inquiries). With all that said, good luck with BofA, and please let us know if you have questions!

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Arrival (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Cap1 Cash Rewards (6/12) $9,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014