Moderator Emeritus
webhopper
Re: Cleaned up report and need recommendations :)

KausticRage wrote:

Hey everyone,

First off this board is awesome!!! I started the cleanup process in late 2010 and have fought my way up from the low 500's to where I am today.

My report currently has a SL showing late on TU and EX but I just finished rehab last month and loans were picked up a few days ago so I am hoping those will report positive in a couple of months.  Other than than I have a 90+ late on both Tu and EQ that last reported in 2009 and is currently in dispute because that is simply not the case.  My AAofA is 4 years and my util is report at 18% today but all balances are at $0 (just waiting for the reports to update).  I am pre-approved for Walmart for $500 and will app in store and recon of I don't get a higher limit.

I would really like to app for a card or two besides Walmart but I am not sure where I should head first.  I would like a card with rewards to take advantage of the $$ I spend in gas and groceries but I am scared to app and get denied.  Any recommendations on a card that I may have a good shot to get?

This has been a long journey and the light at the end of the tunnel is getting bigger and brighter :smileyvery-happy:

I recommend looking at the Bank of America 123 rewards card.  PayPal Rewards Mastercard, maybe an American Express Charge card to get your foot in the door with Amex. Chase Amazon Visa....     Chase Freedom and Discover More are also excellent options but the rewards catagories are not the same all the time.

Use your PayPal Extras MasterCard

to get 2x points for all your PayPal and eBay purchases.

3x points/ $1 spent on Gas & Restaurants

2x points/ $1 spent on PayPal & eBay

1x points/ $1 spent on all other MasterCard purchases

Chase Amazon Visa

3x POINTS on Amazon.com purchases1
2x POINTS at gas stations, restaurants and drugstores1
1x POINT on all other purchases1

Bank of America 123 Card

1% cash back on purchases, 2% on groceries and 3% on gas for the first $1,500 in combined gas and grocery purchases each quarter Plus earn a 10% customer bonus when you redeem into a Bank of America® checking or savings account Get a $100 cash back bonus after you make at least $500 in purchases within 90 days of account opening Introductory 0%† APR for your first 12 billing cycles for purchases, and for any balance transfers made within 60 days of opening your account.  After that, a Variable APR that’s currently between 12.99% and 22.99% will apply. 3% fee (min $10) applies to balance transfers. Please see Terms and Conditions for payment allocation information

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge