Revelate
Re: My first call with American Express

I guess I have to ask, why poke the bear at all in this case?  Most of the questions you've asked are already found on the forums, and even Amex CSR's tend to be all over the map when it comes to information.

End of the day, I will always trust the majority of the anecdotal information found on this forum on how the lender actually behaves, rather than anything that comes out of any CSR's mouth honestly.  Having worked in a few lenders, there are very good business reasons for keeping the CSR's slightly in the dark on certain things (fraud mitigation being the most relevant) and the overwhelming majority of customers honestly don't need to know the information which you're asking for.

I'm strongly of the opinion that I'd simply rather not have the lenders notice me at all; I like being the proverbial needle in a haystack as in my opinion any attention from a lender is absolutely a bad thing.  I don't want to fall outside of their nice and predictable category, as anything outside of that can easily lead to AA of various types... building my credit portfolio is challenging enough in my case anyway, I don't need to make it any more difficult than it needs to be, and I know that at least some lenders absolutely look at the number of times people call, and then it's a short walk to find out what they're calling about as everything is recorded in this day and age.

Starting Score: EQ 561, TU 567, EX 599* (12/30/11, EX lender pull 12/29/11)
Current Score: EQ 04 673, EQ 8 707, TU 720, EX 702* (09/02/14, EX older)
Goal Score: 700 on EQ '04 (01/01/15)

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge