Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Chase Sapphire - Still Being Reviewed?

Hey guys

So two days ago (when I thought I would be going on vacation in the near future) I applied for the Chase Sapphire card for the 10,000 sign-up bonus. Though I know the Chase Sapphire Preferred is the better deal, I really can't forsee me spending $3000 in the first 3 months, or willing myself to spend it on gift cards i'll "eventually" use. Plus I don't want to go through the whole rigamoro of downgrading/cancelling the card to avoid the annual fee. I already have a Chase Freedom with some UR points so that's the reason why I decided to go for the Sapphire. I've been wanting a real travel card anyways! Even if I get declined, I've secretly been wanting the Capital One VentureOne, so it's not the biggest deal in the world!

After applying, I received the "your application must be further reviewed..." and calling so far to check the automated status gives me the same thing, you're being reviewed, you'll get a response in approximately 2 weeks.

Anyone have any advice/input on whether or not I'll be approved? My signature has my cards so far. Here's also some additional info:

AAoA 1 year 7 months

Oldest Account 2 years 5 months

Utilization 4%

Likely pulled Experian, 4 credit inquiries, 2 recently from August

100% Payment History, no baddies

Also have a Student loan at about $14,500, deferred

Annual Income $116,400

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k | SavingStar American Express $14.8k

FICOS: EX 744 EQ 718 TU 733 Credit Karma (TU) 785 Transrisk 809/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 766 Credit.com (EX) 764 VantageScore 3.0 719 Quizzle (EQ) 721