Established Contributor
amercnchopz34
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
Amex payments????
I have a amex delta... Trying to make my a second payment.... I paid on a 600, balance.... Trying to get the 30000 miles..... Paid 169 on friday.... Balance is 453....trying to pay in full but system won't let me... Says no balance due but does say 453 balance

Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
Re: Amex payments????

amercnchopz34 wrote:
I have a amex delta... Trying to make my a second payment.... I paid on a 600, balance.... Trying to get the 30000 miles..... Paid 169 on friday.... Balance is 453....trying to pay in full but system won't let me... Says no balance due but does say 453 balance

If it's a new account, you can only make 1 payment in 30 days. After that you can make 1 payment per week.

 

Atleast that how it was with me.

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,737
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
Re: Amex payments????

that's kinda pain there......Did they put 30k miles in your acc right away after you spend $500 ????


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 13k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 9.4k|Cap: 5.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 13.4k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor
pdog661
Posts: 378
Registered: ‎03-31-2012
Re: Amex payments????

The amex delta is a revolver correct?

 

If so, what does your available credit state on amex online?

 

The outstanding balance can take a few days to catch up to your payments, but your available credit will reflect payments instantly.

 

For example if you have a 600 dollar balance and a 2000 limit on a card your available balance would be 1400.  If you pay today your available credit will be 2000 dollars, but your outstanding balance may say 600 until Wednesday of this week.

 

If you attempt to make a payment that is above your balance you should receive a red error message with the amount you can pay. 

 

I do not think they limit your payments if the account is a revolver (outside of only one payment per day).  They can not charge you a weeks worth of interest if you have the money to PIF. 

 

 

Established Contributor
amercnchopz34
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
Re: Amex payments????

nicholasyud wrote:

that's kinda pain there......Did they put 30k miles in your acc right away after you spend $500 ????


Yes ...they have applied the 30000 miles to it


Valued Contributor
Jutz
Posts: 1,216
Registered: ‎05-10-2012
Re: Amex payments????

Can you push one through your bank with AMEX? Or call in and explain that you want to PIF, but didn't know the 1 per 30 day rule?

  • Current: EQ FICO 694, TU FICO 695, EX FICO 698 | Starting Score: 525 (05/2012)
  • Starting total revolving credit: $1100 | Current total revolving credit: $29,500
  • Inquiries (12 Months): EQ 6 TU 3 EX 6 | Most Recent: 1/21/2014
Chase Freedom $5000
DCU Visa $10000
Capital One QS $2000
AMEX BCE $1000
Lowe's CC $8500
WalMart CC $2400
BOA Platinum $600
AMEX Gold NPSL
Established Contributor
scenery_guy
Posts: 936
Registered: ‎07-24-2012
Re: Amex payments????

Try the American Express pay by phone. 800-472-9297. Do you have your checking account linked? If so it's a breeze and I believe it will allow you to pay more often in the beginning, or at least that's what I remember doing on a co branded Delta card. All automated prompts and quick. 

Established Contributor
amercnchopz34
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
Re: Amex payments????
Called in... Csr told me to start.. I linked a bank a new bank account to the amex so only 1 payment allowed for first 30....then I can pay once a month

Established Contributor
amercnchopz34
Posts: 839
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
Re: Amex payments????
Called in... Csr told me to start.. I linked a bank a new bank account to the amex so only 1 payment allowed for first 30....then I can pay once a week

Frequent Contributor
Sparkz1920
Posts: 271
Registered: ‎08-09-2009
Re: Amex payments????

pdog661 wrote:

The amex delta is a revolver correct?

 

If so, what does your available credit state on amex online?

 

The outstanding balance can take a few days to catch up to your payments, but your available credit will reflect payments instantly.

 

For example if you have a 600 dollar balance and a 2000 limit on a card your available balance would be 1400.  If you pay today your available credit will be 2000 dollars, but your outstanding balance may say 600 until Wednesday of this week.

 

If you attempt to make a payment that is above your balance you should receive a red error message with the amount you can pay. 

 

I do not think they limit your payments if the account is a revolver (outside of only one payment per day).  They can not charge you a weeks worth of interest if you have the money to PIF. 

 

 


Yup....I always look at available credit because it usually takes awhile to update the balance

 

 

 

 

also, you can use your banks billpay to push it through 

 

 

i got my reward miles the day my statement cut


Starting Score: 601
Current Score: 670
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

NFCU Rewards- 8K......AMEX Delta Skymiles-5k.....Citi AAdvantage AMEX-3.5K...WalMart Discover-4K....Old Navy Visa-2k...BOA-3000...AMEX Green-NPSL....Discover More-1K