Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,597
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
Re: What should be my next move?

I don't know if it helps you much, but I will be trying for the BCP (annual fee version of BCE) in a few weeks and I have a much shorter revolving history than you (only 6 months), but an AAoA of 4 years due to student loans and an auto loan.


My thought here is that I have no issue with adding an inquiry to try for the card to lock in a 2012 membership date, even if it means I am applying about 4-6 months too early.  So if you feel the same way, and have no reason to worry about inquiries, why not give it a try to lock in the 2012 date?  However, if you REALLY need to save inquiries, you are welcome to wait.  But to be honest, I don't see what will be different about your report in 6 months that would change Amex's mind.  Your youngest card is several months old, and you've obviously used it well.  Your oldest card is several years old, which has shown you have understood your credit obligations for multiple years.  So the only thing that might change in 6 months is that you have other new accounts from this upcoming app spree...


Do you see what I'm trying to say?  I don't know if I have made my point very well. Sorry.

In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $32,000, Chase Freedom (12/12) $16,500, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600

Last App: April 2, 2014