Established Member
garci349
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎11-27-2012
WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

I have a Green amex for about 3 months. GOOD STANDING.

 

 

I want the AMEX jet blue card because i fly with them.

 

If i close my green amex and apply for the jetblue amex, will my very short history with amex help at all with the jet blue card?

 

Is there a good way to go about this?

 

Thanks fellas..

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Valued Contributor
daybreakgonesXe
Posts: 1,649
Registered: ‎11-17-2012
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

garci349 wrote:

I have a Green amex for about 3 months. GOOD STANDING.

 

 

I want the AMEX jet blue card because i fly with them.

 

If i close my green amex and apply for the jetblue amex, will my very short history with amex help at all with the jet blue card?

 

Is there a good way to go about this?

 

Thanks fellas..


I think it would actually be a good idea to keep the AMEX green open THEN apply for the jetblue for a better chance of approval. I do think though you should wait a little longer to apply (minimum of 6 months history with the green) before you even attempt to app for Jetblue.

Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard $10k | JCPenney Platinum $7.5k | Shell Drive for Five $800 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature $9.8k | TD Bank Easy Rewards Visa Signature $5k | Chase Sapphire Visa Signature $10k | American Express Blue Sky $25k | Discover IT $9.5k

EQ FICO 737 TU FICO 746 Credit Karma (TU) 780 Transrisk 816/990 Credit Sesame (EX) 762 Credit.com (EX) 763 VantageScore 3.0 733
Valued Member
Yankeefan
Posts: 42
Registered: ‎09-09-2012
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Follow Daybreak's advice

 

Senior Contributor
Ron1
Posts: 4,702
Registered: ‎05-23-2009
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

I would say to wait six months to apply for JetBlue Amex.

 

 

Ron.

Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX
Keep your Green open for the year. You dont have a AF for the first year.

Wait 6 months, build the relationship and if denied then its only a SP.

If you close your card then apply and get denied its another HP

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Member
garci349
Posts: 48
Registered: ‎11-27-2012
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

Should I buy Check My FIco on this website? I want to monitor my credit.

Amex Green Card, U.S. Bank Platinum $2,000, U.S. Bank Line of Credit $1,500, BoFA Visa $500, C1 $500
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX

chnceit wrote:
Keep your Green open for the year. You dont have a AF for the first year.

Wait 6 months, build the relationship and if denied then its only a SP.

If you close your card then apply and get denied its another HP

don't CHANCE IT! Keep it open and wait longer :smileywink:


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
chnceit
Posts: 1,524
Registered: ‎08-17-2008
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX
Haha yeah dont chnceit! Keep it open :smileyhappy: Exactly what distantarray said :smileywink:

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
Re: WHO KNOWS THIS QUESTION RE: AMEX
[ Edited ]

chnceit wrote:
Haha yeah dont chnceit! Keep it open :smileyhappy: Exactly what distantarray said :smileywink:

lmao btw 1 in a million chance Felos don't mean anything to do does it lmao if it does -_-; then I would have to say WoW :smileytongue:


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758