Valued Contributor
bs6054
Re: Walmart store credit card: research

09Lexie wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

bs6054 wrote:

Repo-ed wrote:

www.whogavemecredit.com

Why this and not Credit Karma for example, which at least accesses the credit report of the user?  I love the Fleet link on the front page of whogavemecredit, suggests not much site maintenance.

Most people who use whogavemecredit know the difference between a FICO and a FAKO score, and use a FICO in their posting. On CK, the "Approval Odds" thing is based off of your FAKO CK score, and is usually never accurate. It has told me I was a good match for tons of cards that I knew I couldn't qualify for, because my oldest account was only 2 months old at the time. 

++1

OK, I can certainly believe that CKs predictions aren't accurate/useful, but what about whogavemecredit?  Obviously you need to infer, e.g. my score is X and 6 people with that or higher got accepted and 2 got rejected so my Approval Odds are "fair".   But the sample size, the self-reporting and the lack of detail (e.g. some cards are listed as US Bank, whereas cards from that bank vary in difficulty) make me doubt the usefulness.  But if I am wrong, good!