Senior Contributor
Walt_K
Re: Amex green,.,aaoa?

If it were me, I'd probably wait at least one more billing cycle to see if the problem corrected itself.  But that's me.

As I see it, the risk is that they see that your member since date should not be 1996 in the first place, and they change your other cards to reflect that.  I think that's a pretty low risk.  1) I highly doubt anyone is going to investigate your backdating claim beyond looking at your account and seeing that your member since date is indeed 1996 (or whatever date it is, I forgot now).  I don't think they're going to investigate further to try to find out why it is 1996 in the first place.  They'll just check that your are correct that it is 1996, and then they will see if they can do anything about the reporting.  2) The idea that it shouldn't be 1996 is based on the premise that AU cards don't receive the benefit of the date they became an AU.  I don't think this is such a sound premise.  There is a lot of confusion over whether AUs can be backdated to their AU date vs. whether they can be backdated to the original cardholder's member since date, both from people on here and from CSRs who have no idea what they are talking about.  So I don't think there's a lot of risk of them changing your member since date, even if they do investigate.

But that's just my speculation.  Only you can decide whether the additional bump to your AAoA you'll gain by having this card corrected is worth the risk that they willl do something to your member since date in general. 

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge