Moderator Emeritus
tinuviel
Re: Garden Club Meeting - January 2013

McArthur wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

McArthur wrote:

Hi folks!

I'd love to start gardening, but can you lock me in?  I tend to escape.  Maybe we need inpatient lock-down for cardaholics.  

My first gardening session lasted all of 4 days I think. It is really hard to do. 

I hear you!

I need a minimum of 6 months in the garden, but 2 years would be ideal.  By then I would be set for the last ten cards in my list and then retire. Retire?  Ha!  By that time I would have expanded my list to twenty.

I will try to last a week.  Or maybe a month until I go on leave.

By the way, does adding an AU tradeline take you out of the garden?  Please say no!!!!!!!!!!!

The way the recognition level rules stand currently, yes it would, as it's a new tradeline that appears on your reports.

Admittedly, I feel ambivalent about this. An old, established AU account might actually help to further gardening goals, as the account is seasoned and could serve to boost AAoA -- and it doesn't require adding an inq to the reports. OTOH, if the AU account is recent, then it might bring down one's AAoA; case in point would be if I were to add myself as an AU on my DH's Lowe's account, which has been opened less than 3 years, while my AAoA is between 7-8 years.

I'm open to thoughts on this. If GC members have opinions pro or con on allowing AU accounts to be exempt from factoring into recognition levels, please feel free to share.

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k