Regular Contributor
GeneralCucumbre
AMEX BCE Arrived...Member Since Date Wrong

So, I posted a thread about a week and a half ago about being approved for an AMEX BCE card.  I also noted that this wasn't the first time I opened an American Express card.  I opened a previous account (now closed) in 2009.  I understand that AMEX does backdating in which every subsequent account you open with them the member since year will show as the same year your first account was opened.

I did call the new accounts department after I applied to find out various info (CL, APR, etc.) and I was told by the representative that when I receive my new card I should call customer service if the member since date did not reflect correctly (in this case...2009), and they would send me a new card.  I called the number on the back of my card and I spoke to a representative who seemed like she didn't know what I was talking about but when she did check, she did indeed say that their system shows that I have been a member since '09.  I was trying to explain that I wanted the card to reflect that accurately and then when trying to get a new card replaced, she told me that I have to wait 6 days (so until next Thursday) to request a new one.

Is this normal?  Should I just call the new accounts department rather than the number on the back of the card?

Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $25,000 | Chase Freedom Visa Signature - $22,000
Chase Slate Visa - $10,800 | Citi AT&T Universal MC - $13,600 | Best Buy (Citi) Card - $8,000
USAA Platinum MC - $16,000 | AMEX Everyday - $17,000
Amazon Store Card - $3,800