Valued Contributor
TiggerDat
Re: CAP ONE EXEC OFFICE!

92SelfMade wrote:

I finally got a response myannual fee was waived and I will get a callback in regards to apr reduction and cli

Was it waived or removed.  I had mine permanently removed not waived.  They did nothing about the APR, but they did give me a CLI and remove the fee.  Funny story about getting the fee waived by normal customer service, which I like repeating.  I called normal number and asked for them to remove the annual fee and they said they could waive it.  I said I wanted it removed, not waived, I chose the wording carefully.  They said they could waive it and they did, I simply said they could do what they wanted as I really wanted it removed.  I waited a few days and I called back and asked about having the annual fee removed, they said they could waive it, but not remove it.  I carefully chose my words and said I was not looking for it to be waived, but removed from the account entirely.  They did what they wanted and I kept my mouth shut, I actually kept my mouth shut 3 times and made sure that each time I called I was very clear about what I was looking for and was not asking for it to be waived, but removed.  It is there problem they waived it 3 times is all I can say now and if there is ever a situation where they accuse me or wrong doing I will simply say; 'All phone calls are monitored for training and quality, so go back and listen and you will see, I did not request it, the blame lies on the person who works for your company, not me'

They have carefully chosen phrases they like to say to appease you, I have carefully chosen phrases too! 

Rethink every purchase you make, before you make it. Use the card with the best rewards. Pay in full each month. Redeem rewards often. Use the cards online shopping for more discounts. Smile, knowing that being thrifty allows you to actually get more out of the same amount of money!