Established Contributor
emptypockets
Re: Tempted by Amex Delta Skymiles Gold

ryanbush wrote:

Question, is all your travel going to be alone?  Reason I ask is i opted up to the platinum sky miles card, AF is 150 but you get a free companion ticket each year.  All of my personal travel is with my fiance so It saves me at least one ticket a year and more than pays for the AF

Be aware (make sure you check before applying - the Gold Skymiles did away with the annual companion ticket for $99 that used to be offered. I think it ended in October. If you got the card before then, you still get to use the certificate, but new approvals after the date will no longer get the discounted companion ticket. I believe it continues to be a benefit for the Platinum, however. I am not sure of the exact date they stopped it, so if this is something making you want the Gold card, it is something to consider.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (4), Chase (5), Nordstrom Visa,US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, UMB Visa, Nasa FCU Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Citi (4), Discover IT, Walmart Discover, Sam's MC, Cabela's Visa, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, 5/3 RLR MC, DC Premier MC, Macy's AMEX; Several store cards.

Current Scores: EQ (6/14): 800; TU MyFico (6/14): 814; Walmart TU Fico 08 (10/2014): 813; EX (6/14): 775