Frequent Contributor
Amex PRG annual fee ... waived?

Just got my first PRG statement yesterday and found it quite surprising - I see the annual fee of $175 there added to the total balance. 

I opened my PRG around 2 weeks ago when there was a promo of 100k MR points for Platinum and 50k for PRG. I remember exactly, that first year AF was waived in the offer, though I haven't made any screenshots (but it's not something special - if you try to apply for PRG now, you'll get 25k MR points, but still with waived fee for the 1st year). Moreover, when I spoke to their CSR during card activation I rechecked both important offer conditions (50k points and no AF for the 1st year) and he reconfirmed both. 

Should I become concerned already and call Amex tomorrow? Or this is the way how the "waiver" works - they post the fee in the statement and then several days later they post a statement credit, so nothing to worry about?

Thanks

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data &colonSmiley Wink Current TU - probably around ~750. I am now applying only for cards I can have fat sign-up bonuses on, repay them right away and close before next year. That's why BKLSBNKDELAWARE probably blacklisted me long ago, LOL...