Valued Contributor
bribro
Re: 5% Points or Cash back on airlines all the time

nishant1 wrote:

My experience with Chase Sapphire Preferred is very good.

I use Kayak.com to identify which flights are most suitable and best prices and write down flight numbers. Close Kayak and go to Chase ultimate rewards.

I then transfer all Freedom points to Sapphire Preferred and then buy identical  kayak flight numbers for identical prices.

That way, I get best deals as well as 25% bonus from CSP by which I get $500 worth ticket with worth $400 points.

Plus I get 2% on purchase amount for future.

As an aside, if you're using Southwest or United, it's better to transfer your UR into those frequent flyer programs and then redeem them instead of using the UR travel portal with the 25% bonus. SW RR points are worth around 1.66-1.88 cpm, and as much as double that on United (my last redemption was close to 4 cpm).

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)