Contributor
solxp
Re: Barclays system is down, due to malfunction
[ Edited ]

CSR told me it was a system update that took longer then expected when I finally got through to them.

I logged on to pay my Vikings NFL card and saw Zero balance Zero Available credit. My first though was **bleep** followed by a second thought "did they close my account because I added another chase card in Dec" that was quickly followed by a third thought of "hmm zero balance does this mean they closed my account and I dont need to pay that 1500.00 charge from friday, hell yes close my account." followed by my fourth and final thought "this doesnt seem right let me call them" So I called the 888 number on the top of the site and got a busy signal and was disconnected tried again busy signal and disconnect again. Looked up the backdoor numbers on this site all busy signals. By now I have no idea **bleep** is going on because Barclays is to damn big not to have their own telco switchboard and you should never get busy signals. Gave it one last shot and managed to get through. After about  a 10 minute wait on hold I got some CSR who was nice and cheerful but I could not understand a word they said due to the fact they spoke very fast with out taking a breath and had a very noticeable accent. So I said hi my name is #### I have no clue what you just said could you repeat that a little slower this time please. This time I was able to understand that she was telling me thanks for calling I can not help you with your problem at this time. I said well shouldn't I tell you what my problem is first before you decide you can not help me with it. She then explained about the system being updated and it would be back in 3 hours and they could not access any data on any accounts until then and all account would report zero balance zero available credit due to the system being offline. I told her that was exactlywhat I needed to know problem solved.

System crash/malfunction seems more plausible then what I was told. Who takes their system offline during a weekday.