Established Contributor
NJTurnpike
Re: My wife just applied me for credit one and the last digit of ssn is off

dddewdrop wrote:

My wife knows nothing of my credit repair journey other than I;m trying to rebuild my credit. She does not know that I have applied and been approved for new credit cards and I am not going to tell her. She has been hospitalised for months so it isn't hard to keep this from her. She is 17 years younger than me an cannot handle her own bank account much less credit card so for her own protection I dont tell her....

Well, first of all dddewdrop, you need to fix your sig. I'm getting an OCD attack just looking at it. Need to fix! Need to fix! :smileyfrustrated:

Good on you for getting your financial sitution under control. It's maybe just a tad of grey area not telling your wife about YOUR credit cards, but not necessarily wrong if she obviously can't handle the responsbility of sharing them with you.

I'm not in the exact same boat as you with a younger significant other, but mine is 5 years younger and while an utter financial wreck, needs an education on proper credit usage.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14