Regular Contributor
ramblin_wreck08
Re: Government Involvement: Good or Bad?
[ Edited ]

youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
No lol that isn't the general rule of thumb... Sure if you are of certAin ideology.. Yeah, it is lol. Omg..
Are you serious?! VOTING for LAWS and in ELECTIONS lol... That's not handing money to strangers.
Forgive me for having faith in America.
Pahaha oh wow...
I guess being an Econ major and actually understanding the role of gov't makes me an outlier hahaha!

You guys are cray:-P

Btw... Many things are quasipublic in nature, such as the items I mentioned.

Either way, the CFPB is good for the average American.
:-)

Maybe handing money to a friend is a better analogy.

While not an Econ major, I do have solid background in both Econ and government. And as far as an ideology is concerned, I tend to agree with much of what the founding fathers viewed as ideal. Take these two quotes from Thomas Jefferson, for instance. They define the appropriate role of government as our founding fathers viewed them. They also describe mismanagement according to them. I would have to agree on both:

"A wise and frugal Government, which shall restrain men from injuring one another, which shall leave them otherwise free to  regulate their own pursuits of industry and improvement, and shall not take from the mouth of labor the bread it has earned. This is the sum of good government, and this is necessary to close the circlue of our felicities."

"I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them."

What's in my wallet:

Left to right:
NPSL ($10k approved)
$5k (EMV - Chip & PIN)
$7k (Visa Sig + EMV)
$7.5k (WEMC)

Transunion FICO: 709 (8/13/12) -> 740 (9/24/12)
Credit Karma: 772 (11/24/13)
Credit Sesame: 755 (11/5/13)