Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup
Re: Expanded "FICO High Achievers" (scores of 760 and above) characteristics list

smallfry wrote:
Esteban why would you do that?

Agreed! Esteban, when I read your post, it sounded like you had already done it; I thought it was a done deal. But if you haven't, and if you're determined to dump some accounts, you want to look at spreading them out according to their ages, and especially targeting those that are YOUNGER (not older) than your current average age. When they finally stop reporting, this will shift your average age to a higher figure, not a lower figure.

But whatever score ding there is for "too many accounts", I don't think that it's a biggie. You're looking at some possible trouble on down the road.

I guess I've just never know anyone with oodles of accounts of all ages, all of them with clean histories, that appear expendable. Most of us are clinging to any clean account we have! :smileywink:
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007