bglee8
Re: Auto Credit and Scoring
[ Edited ]

I will be finished with my car lease 8/10.Currently my FICO score is 604 but it dropped 81 points after Toyota Motor credit mistakenly reported a 30 day credit marker which should be removed within the next 30 days. On 2/2/10 they sent out the correspondent to all 3 CBs of which Experian and TU have removed the marker... Still waiting on Equifax. I suspect that I should get the majority of these points back as the same thing happened to me in 2007 and I received all 80 or so points back when it was removed. That said I was able to get my current lease with a Fico of 650.. My overall credit is much better no late payments for 5yrs 6mos currently. I have owned 2 other vehicles and have never paid any late..I'm suffering from a paid collection Direct TV submitted to my reports 12/9.. lost 22 points on my fico when that happened.. With a FICO potentially hovering around 680, should I be able to leverage a better tier?

By the way my TU-733 and Experian-657.. I live in California and have noticed that many lenders use Experian which is always my lowest score..Is there any way to leverage that 733 when Igo to negotiate.

Message Edited by bglee8 on 03-06-2010 06:18 PM

Starting Score: 650
Current Score: 655
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge