Contributor
LilyBee
Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Jgans:  Sounds as though you've come a long way with great results.  Be proud of yourself and keep up the good work.  You probably already found out that you can learn quite a bit on this website, especially with the experience of folks who have 'been there, done that' in terms of establishing good credit.

One of my best resources has been Suze Orman, whose advice I have followed for more than 20 years to my best advantage.  Some folks don't appreciate her 'in your face' truthfulness, but I certainly do.   Another website you need to check out as you think about purchasing a house is Zillow.com.  It can give you ballpark figures as you look around different areas and communities that have available housing.  One helpful hint when buying a house is that you don't have to escrow insurance and taxes.  If you can afford it, you can pay those once a year and that lowers your house payment.  Sometimes the lenders forget to mention that option. 

Good luck to you in managing your finances.  With diligent monitoring, it will pay off in the end

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score (1/1/07) - EQ: 813 -- TU: 804 -- EX 825

Current scores (8/13/13) - EQ-801 -- TU-778 -- EX-827

Goal Score (12/31/13): Whatever