New Visitor
beckolson
Re: Lenders see different scores than consumers do

Ok, I pulled my credit score today and it was through experian. It was a 626, I have been waiting to get approved for a loan so I figured I would inquire to see if I can get financing. The lender told me my score was a 502!!! 124 points different that is crazy. I asked why it was so different then when I pulled it a couple hours earlier of coarse he said the same thing about lenders seeing a different score then consumers. He said he had never seen this big of a difference before. Does anyone know why my score was 124 points different with the lender???? I understand I have work to do on my credit. I will be coming into some money in a few day and am planning on paying off the negative things on my credit. Also my paying on some of my credit cards to get the balance only around 30%.  I am hoping by doing this that in 6 months my score will be high enough to apply for a mortgage. I just don't know how I will be able to tell since the lender is seeing 124 points differet then what I saw.