Moderator Emeritus
Re: Fico Score did not improve after 7 month credit card activity
[ Edited ]

When's the last time you used the CC?

ETA...I'll add that there are many FICO formulas out there and were developed via input from lenders. Whether you pull your report from here or your lender pulls it, you'll see the same thing. It doesn't change from person to person; it's uniform for everyone. 

If you haven't used the CC in several months, then that can be a possible cause to the comment.

If you do use it regularly then I'd surmise the 7 months isn't long enough time. Using one CC for only 7 months doesn't show enough use. It's not an error.

BTW, you don't have to use a CC every month. Just at least once every 3-4 months. Use it for a cup of coffee or a pack of gum. In fact, to avoid temptation as soon as I get my CCs, I cut them up and only use the numbers to pay phone, gas, electric, cell phone, etc. That way I avoid temptation to use it at a store or blow through my budget. 

And FICO would go up with the addition with the second CC. Again, you don't have to use it monthly. Just use it for a cup of coffee somewhere and pay in full or use it for a utility or automatic payment. Your FICO score would increase because the lack of mix is holding back your FICO.