Contributor
LilyBee
Re: Our Forums' FICO High Achievers: Who has at least one FICO Score of 760 or above?

Wow, Andrew.  It certainly paid off to be dilligent in clearing up those messes, especially the ones that were not yours.  Congratulations are in order for sticking to it.

Be wary, however, in how you charge items in the future.  MyFico is arbitrary in how it records credit scores. 

Back in June, I charged $4000+ for a new transmission for my car.  I had no other CC charges.  I paid off the account when the bill came due.  A couple weeks later I charged $48, on that same card so I will have something on my credit.   I will pay that off when the next bill comes in and charge something else.  In the meantime after a couple of months, I checked my credit scores (thinking it would be higher since I paid off the $4K).  Instead, my scores were lowered!!  Go figure.

If you've seen any of my previous posts over the years, you will see how MyFico absolutely drives me nuts!!  Good thing my scores are not so low.  :smileyfrustrated:

Just saying.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Starting Score (1/1/07) - EQ: 813 -- TU: 804 -- EX 825

Current scores (8/15/14) - EQ - 847; TU-846; EX-841

Goal Score (12/31/14): Whatever