devon22ou
Re: Authorized Users and Credit Scoring?

Hello

I have a similar question about adding authorized users to an account. This is my first time doing this. I have tried to find answers online and even asked credit cards directly and have been given contradicting answers.

I, today, just added an authorized user to an Old Navy Visa credit card. I was told by a representative that the information from this credit card would be reflected on the authorized users credit report. When I asked how this could happen when they were only given a name, the person could not answer my questions so she transferred me to a supervisor. The supervisor then told me that as of 2011, account/credit card information IS NOT reflected on an authorized user's credit report. So, which is true?

I am hoping to assist in building the authorized user's credit score. I will not allow them access to the card, but I will be monitoring (approving) purchases and making sure payments are made on time.

I also read somewhere that whether or not account information is reported to the AU's credit report is up to the credit card peoples.

Can someone help me understand? If I am not able to help their credit score, I have no reason to have them as an authorized user. Thank you in advance for your help!