Established Contributor
jamie123
Re: Fico Score did not improve after 7 month credit card activity

Okay...I'm going to jump in here.

Just what are your scores? You always talk about them not moving and then you said they went up 12 points. Up 12 points to what?

Another observation if I may....

You are trying to maximize your scores with a very thin file. Having 3 accounts reporting every month, your mortgage, your installment and your 1 credit card is VERY minimal activity for FICO to work with. You are expecting fast results without having much activity inside your report every month.

You really need to do this, and I know you don't want to hear it but you need to get 2 more credit cards to maximize your scores. If you look around these forums you will find that it is generally agreed that you need 3 credit cards to maximize your scores. Can you do it with 1 card? Maybe, but it will take a while for sure.

There are very easy ways to manage 3 cards. Just carry one card in your wallet and use it for three months then put it in your sock drawer and use another card for three months. It really isn't too difficult.

If you get a Walmart card and sign up for electronic bill pay you get a free TU08 FICO score every month and they are very generous with credit line increases.

Is the credit card you now have provided by a national lender?

Starting Score: EQ 658 6/18/12
Current Score: EQ 690 11/17/14 - EX 687 7/21/14 - TU 682 7/21/14
Goal Score: EQ 720+
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge