Established Contributor
distantarray
Re: Just got scores, looking into getting new car

superjeep wrote:

Well, I went to the dealer last night.  As much as I was joking about the perfect credit score, it was basically true.  They said, (after I was denied the deal based on my credit) that they usually only start considering people for that deal with a 780 CS.  Now, what really threw me was that I pulled all three credit scores yesterday afternoon.  The scores they pulled were all 50 points LOWER than what I had!  So, when I asked them what my scores were, I said that I actually had a print out with my scores from the same day showing very different numbers!  The salesman's jaw dropped and he went to get the finance guy.  Neither men could explain why there was this discrepancy but they clearly were not interested in honoring the scores I gave them.  How can that happen though?  How can they pull different numbers than me, 5 hours later??    

They can but remember it's a Auto enhanced score, but having your actual FICO score can build some negociation leverage cause it shows your an educated consumer. Before any games I explain before they pull that know what my credit score is, and that if they can not honor me the rates I'm walking. If they really want your business and you have a flawless credit report then getting prime rates shouldn't be out of your reach.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758