Established Contributor
distantarray
Re: Just got scores, looking into getting new car

, as I understand it, EX ONLY uses Plus scores, not FICO, correct?

Wrong EX Fico's do exist, they're just not for sale to the public. Experian found it more lucrative to create FAKO (fake score) websites to confuse the masses into thinking they know their real score.

Amex will still give you a Fico score if you apply and get declined or approved.

Can the Plus score and the FICO scores really be compared then?  The reason I'm even looking into this is because I'm considering buying a car.  I realize the auto scores differ as well but would typically be higher than my standard FICO scores, right?  

Higher or lower depending on your AUTO history. Lower if you have none.

I'm just curious because one of the incentives I received from my dealer (who's been trying desparately to get me to trade in my vehicle) is $0 down, 0% interest for 7 years based on approved credit.  So, I was wondering how I would fare with these scores and if a car dealer's version of approved credit was an 850 FICO score to get that particular deal :smileyhappy:  Thanks in advance for your input.

0% offers usually require a 760 or better, with other stipulations. so don't get over joyed just yet , but definately require a 720+ at the bare minimum.

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758