StevensStock
Re: His & Hers FICO Scores don't make sense

I am just going by MyFico published score watch scores on the dates the major credit changes occurred, not by the actual scores the banks acquired.  Does the type of report acquried by the bank matter to MyFico?  If so, then as part of the fee for Score Watch, they should be publishing that information.  I am aware that the entirity of our history is different, but the recent history (since our marriage in 1994) is the same, and in particular since we've purchased ScoreWatch, all of the inquiries, payments, etc. are the same.  My point is a payoff of a jointly held mortgage raises one score and lowers the other.  One spouse uses the credit card and it raises one score and lowers the other.  It is surprising to me that his score was in the 740's and the payoffs sent it below 720 and now just using a portion of our credit card sends his score to just barely above 700.  On the otherhand, these same actions to my score raised from what was originally (prior to our purchase of scorewatch in august) the mid 600's to 719.  And, as many have said in other posts, these scores have nothing to do with our liquidity or ability to actually pay for the credit we acquire and/or use.