webhopper
Re: HELP! Credit scoring question! Please everyone chime in!

princechristian wrote:

Experian Credit Score 530

Score Rank4.14%
Risk LevelVery High
Last Month’s Score530

Factors Contributing to your Score:

•  1. You have no installment loans.
  •  2. You have two or more open credit cards.
  •  3. You do not have any Public Records.
  •  4. You have one or more missed payments.
  •  5. Your average age of accounts is less than 5 years and 11 months.
  •  6. You have one or more credit cards maxed out.
  •  7. Your credit-to-debt ratio is more than 51%.
  •  8. Your average credit card limit is less than $2,000.

Ok, the above snapshot is directly from USAA credit monitoring as you all probably guessed, and is a FAKO obviously. I will be examining very closely these factors above as well as others to get a better understanding of credit scoring. This snapshot was from last month, now this month my FAKO Experian score went up to 587, and currently is actually 606! There have only been 2-3 changes that contributed that I know of, that I will discuss later. But for now, my question is about the negatives 4-8 listed above. I know about #4 and #6 above but have never seen or been advised that your score increases from an average credit limit amount greater than $2k or that apparently 6 years AAoA or more is ideal. Please advise from your experience, has anyone gone from having any of these negatives, to NOT having them and saw increases to their scores? In particular 2, 4, 7, & 8. Thank you for reading and/or responding.  

Hi!  Welcome to the Forum!

I will probably go ahead and tell you that the FAKO scoring system is different than the FICO Scoring System.     I've asked the moderators of the forum to forward your topic to the appropriate part of the forum to get the best responses.

I will not pretend to know everything, but here are some educational resources that may help you understand:

Credit Scoring 101:

The Son Of Credit Scoring 101

Can I See My Credit Report Free Of Charge?
http://ficoforums.myfico.com/fico/board/message?board.id=generalcredit&thread.id=12881

The History of Credit:

Also, I suggest that you check out the rebuilding forum to get an idea on how to address negative information on your report!

Best of Luck in your rebuilding journey!

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge