New Contributor
mrgoattoo
Re: VERY confused FICO...

bettercreditguy1 wrote:

What you are seeing at this site is a True FICO score.  What you are viewing from SF is probably a VANTAGE SCORE, which is based on an alogrithm created internally by TU for competition against Fico. THey use different scales (Fico tops at 850, Vantage 950), thus you can not linearly compare the scores. Additionally, Fico has 49 distinct scoring models each proprietary for specific industries, some which are auto, mortage, credit card, life, and other insurance offered products. The model used here is TU98, a little bit older model, yet still used by many financial istitutions today. Hope this helps. In the final analysis, which ever model you follow, always strive to increase your oldest reported number and you will be on the correct path to a better credit reporting history and score. Good Luck!

Thanks for the information.

I had just updated my FICO score a couple weeks ago.

Wish I'd have caught on that it was a different model BEFORE I wasted the $16 updating it again to see what was up.

With Christmas just being over throwing more money away wasnt a very good idea but I couldnt accept that just having a new inquiry would have dragged my score down 30 points. Turns out it didnt affect the MYFICO score at all. The new inquiry is there but the score was unnaffected so I guess the up side is my world isnt coming to an end or anything.

I applied for the SF CC so I can toss my chase card with the $500 limit that they refuse to raise because Chase says I have too much available credit. It was worse than pulling finger nails to get them to finally admit that that was the reason they denied me a larger limit while all my other cards, even BOA, gave me at least $2000...and CapOne even increased me to $4500 during the same period. My NRA CC limit was also increased at my request to $4000 after Chase said I had too much credit so Im beginning to think that Chase is just being stingy with their credit lines and I dont have much need for a $500 limit since we use the cards for all of our purchases in the month, pay them off then trade out for for another card the next month.

Also figured since StateFarm has been really good to us I'd use their card for the autopay for the premiums every month.

FirstBankCard FICO 08 - 811
Discover TUFICO - 805
BarclayCard TUFICO - 799