Valued Member
Typogrammer
Re: Success Stories and Encouragement
I simply cannot say thank you enough to everyone who has helped me out the last few months. Not even six months ago I knew nothing about credit and its impact. All I knew was that I really screwed up one credit card and was barely making do with another.

Now, I have two more credit cards (0% intro, 15.25% variable; and 3.9% intro, and 15.99% fixed) and have only one GW to take care of. And just today I made possibly the most important purchase of my first 21 years: a pair of eyeglasses.

Yes, eyeglasses. I know it sounds cheesy, but there's a reason. I have had sporadic headaches since I was in middle school, and everyone just passed it off as sinus headaches or migraines. It wasn't until recently did someone mention that I should check my eyes, and so I went today to do just that. Thanks to that visit, I found out that I have astigmatism in my left eye, and today I purchased a pair of glasses to remedy it. It's such a relief to finally have an answer.

My point is that before coming here I could never have spent $500 on something like this with my income. Thanks to everyone's advice and a bit of effort, I was finally able to make this very important purchase.

So again, I say thank you. I'm not finished yet (I'm now a little over $500 in debt. :smileytongue:) but I'm leaps and bounds ahead of where I was.

2/2008 :: TU 610 :: EQ 610 :: EX 638 :: Beginning scores
2/2009 :: TU 699 :: EQ 697 :: EX 690 :: 1-year mark
2/2010 :: TU 682 :: EQ 670 :: 2-year mark