Senior Contributor
Posts: 4,635
Registered: ‎03-11-2007
Re: Effect of not paying credit card item disputed based on quality of services?



I recommend paying the debt. However, file a complaint with the BBB, FTC, your state AG, the state AG where the bank with the CC resides, and the state AG where the company that sold the investor education program resides.


BBB is luck of the draw. If the company already has a bad rep with BBB, they won't care about one more complaint. BBB only really helps if it's a company that tries to be consumer friendly. But, give it a shot as it's free.


FTC, probably never hear from. But, if they collect enough complaints, maybe.


State AGs are the best shot. Some are scared puppies, but others are ravenous pit bulls.