Moderator Emeritus
cheddar
Re: GW Example Letters

grneydangl wrote:
Strange Question:
Has anyone ever sent out GW letters for removing lates and the company did it but didn't send anything about it to you?

Happens all the time.  It's sort of their way of going ahead and giving you what you want but not admitting that they're doing so.

----------------------------
App free since 7/11/08.
TU 744 / EX 710 / EQ 694 (Starting to slip. :smileysurprised: )
Regular Contributor
grneydangl
[ Edited ]
Thanks!  And now I just saw love2golf's post about this is exact thing :smileysurprised:

Message Edited by grneydangl on 03-30-2008 01:33 PM

Starting Score: EQ: 630
Current Score: EQ: 630
Goal Score: EQ: 720

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
buster25
great advice.

any idea how long it takes a company like Chase to respond?  I need to apply for mortgage in less than 30 days and need to have a 90 day late removed.  It was an oversight on my part and is killing my scores.

thx.
cujo_31
Apparently my letters are no good ... lol I am now 0 for 7 trying to get some lates taken off of accounts already paid. They keep telling me, no sir, we reported correctly, thank you for your dispute. I have modified a couple different ones I pulled from here. Oh well, I guess I will keep trying until they do. Would you recommend sending monthly, bi-monthly? Maybe different departments?

Thanks
Cujo
Regular Contributor
grneydangl
This might be very dumb... Some say persistance pays off... If Im going to send a CC a goodwill again, can I use the same letter or should it be changed quite a bit?

Established Contributor
Shnapple

STICKY!

:smileyhappy:
FEB '08 FAKOs: TU 628 | EX 650 | EQ 584
JAN'09 FAKOs TU 686 | EX 705 | EQ 664
EQ FICO: FEB '08 646 | APR '08 678 | SEP '08 679
Regular Contributor
grneydangl
bump

Regular Contributor
tidbit1
[ Edited ]
grneydangle - You can change the letter a bit - but don't change any of the vital info - such as the reasons you explained that you were late, etc. It probably isn't likely that the same person gets the letter - but it could happen, or they could have the other letter in your file. You don't want to appear as though you are trying to deceive anyone.

Good luck!

Message Edited by tidbit1 on 04-14-2008 03:21 PM
Regular Contributor
tidbit1
[ Edited ]
I am SOOOO excited right now! I took a chance and wrote a few good will letters for some of my hubby's past dues.  He has always had excellent credit until the end of 2004 through 2005. He was involved in a very very nasty divorce in which he was royally screwed and ended up holding the bag for every debt in the marriage while she walked away with all the assets.

Anyway..   My first letter was to Everhome Mortgage. He had ONE late payment at the end of his 30 year mortgage (Aug 05). I wrote the letter about a month ago and by the time we received their response this past Saturday, the 30 day late mark had been removed from his report.   :smileyvery-happy:

Next was Chrysler Financial. He and his ex both had Chrysler vehicles at the time of the divorce - she was 30 days late 2 times before she finally sold the vehicle for another (thank God - it got his name off of her loan) and he was 30 days late 3 times in that time period. He had one other Chrysler loan in his history - and we purchased a Chrysler for me last Feb - everything else with them (other than those 5 combined 30 day lates) has been spotless. We have not heard back from them yet - but all lates have been removed from both accounts on TU and EQ..  and I'm sure ESP will soon catch up (I just checked that one today and noticed them gone).  :smileyhappy:

Next, I am going to try 3 credit card accounts that went into collections and were eventually settled for a lesser amount. I wish I had known about this forum and had access to all the useful info before those were settled so that he could try and get them removed with payment  :smileysad:.   I'm sure they will be more difficult - but it's worth a shot. If anyone has any more advice for getting these types of accounts removed, please let me know!

I am soooo excited this works!  I want to thank you guys for posting these GW letters and providing help for us who wouldn't know to try something like this otherwise - you guys are awesome!!!

Message Edited by tidbit1 on 04-14-2008 03:36 PM

Message Edited by tidbit1 on 04-14-2008 03:42 PM
Regular Contributor
grneydangl
thanks for the advice tidbit!  congrats on the mortgage late removal and good luck on your others!