Valued Member
Namtac
Posts: 31
Registered: ‎05-30-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
Who do I send a GW letter to at AMEX (for example)?

Thanks for all of your good advice!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
Send it to the address on your report (FYI... MyFICO reports do not include addresses).
Regular Contributor
Neblett
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
Tuscani,
 
I used one of your GW letter examples in a FAX to HFC back in April, and lo and behold, today it reported on my FICO ScoreWatch that they honored it and took all the derogatory reporting comments off the account!  It took longer than I expected - almost 2 months - but it happened! 
 
I think a few more of these need to go out tout de suite!
 
BTW - didn't raise my score, but it did eliminate a negative tradeline.
Regular Contributor
Neblett
Posts: 217
Registered: ‎04-17-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
I do think the HFC GW action may increase my TransUnion score when it reports to them, however, since TU has reported the worst part of the account's derogatory history.
 
Will let you all know!
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
Re: GW Example Letters


Neblett wrote:
Tuscani,
 
I used one of your GW letter examples in a FAX to HFC back in April, and lo and behold, today it reported on my FICO ScoreWatch that they honored it and took all the derogatory reporting comments off the account!  It took longer than I expected - almost 2 months - but it happened! 
 
I think a few more of these need to go out tout de suite!
 
BTW - didn't raise my score, but it did eliminate a negative tradeline.


Congrats! The important thing is that it's gone. :smileyhappy:
Frequent Contributor
jenkins
Posts: 278
Registered: ‎04-29-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
i really need to do this, when i left for the military i was unable to pay a few of my bills and they were reported 90 days late due to me being in basic training.

Starting Score: 643
Current Score: 657
Goal Score: 700


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Member
Vi1976
Posts: 14
Registered: ‎03-21-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
Tuscani!
 
You Strike Again!  I had no clue as to what to say in the letter to my mortgage company about a few late payments and your GW letters help me a great deal.
 
 
THANK YOU!:smileyhappy:
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
Re: GW Example Letters


Vi1976 wrote:
Tuscani!
 
You Strike Again!  I had no clue as to what to say in the letter to my mortgage company about a few late payments and your GW letters help me a great deal.
 
 
THANK YOU!:smileyhappy:


My pleasure!
New Contributor
serenity72
Posts: 124
Registered: ‎06-28-2007
Re: GW Example Letters
Is it possible to get foreclosures and reposessions deleted with goodwill letters?
Moderator Emeritus
Tuscani
Posts: 6,182
Registered: ‎03-29-2007
Re: GW Example Letters


serenity72 wrote:
Is it possible to get foreclosures and reposessions deleted with goodwill letters?

You bet!