Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide
06-07-2011 02:08 PM
Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide
Amex CreditSecure - $11.99/mo - FAKO (PLUS) score - CS was similar to CCT and allowed daily monitoring and at one point allowed daily pulls on all 3 reports. This is no longer the case for new members and per their T&C, you can only get all 2 reports twice per month. The score offered is a PLUS score. However, at least one other poster mentioned that you can pull daily with a $10/mo upgrade option
Based on reading this thread the middle of last week I went ahead and signed up thru the Amex website.
The first charge is $1.99 and then $11.99 each month after. I've been able to see all three scores so far. Hi danpass - just be sure to ignore those scores and the FAKO advice that comes with the scores. Following FAKO advice can, and will, damage your FICO scores. CMS's are great for looking at your reports, though. Apparently the site will always display your last pull.
Here is the list from the greeting page on the Amex site, as of 6-6-11:
==============================CreditSecure monitoring benefits:Exclusive price for American Express Cardmembers, only $1.99 for the first 30 days.
- Instant access to three-bureau credit reports and scores twice every 30 days.
- Daily credit monitoring and alerts of key changes to your credit.
- Easy-to-use online tools to help you understand and manage your credit, including credit score simulator, trending tools, and various financial calculators.
- Lost wallet protection to cancel and replace your cards in the event of loss or theft.
- Up to $10,000 identity theft insurance provided by National Union Fire Insurance Company of Pittsburgh, Pa.
- Dedicated fraud resolution support to help you recover from identity fraud.
After that, a monthly fee of only $11.99 will be automatically billed to your Card account until you cancel. Sales tax added where applicable. Pay only $1.99 for the first month.
After your first 30 days, you will be billed automatically for $11.99 each month
unless you cancel. Sales tax may be added, where applicable. Save $10 on the first month.
Pay only a $1.99 for the first month. After that you will be billed automatically for
$11.99 each month unless you cancel. Sales tax added where applicable.=====================================
It looks like you got a price break for the first month - always nice to hear.