Valued Member
enerd
Re: Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

GEMB / Walmart Store Card: FREE MONTHLY FICO? From myFICO?

Account Services -> View FICO Score

FICO® Score: View

Your FICO® Score
As of July 20, 2011
your FICO® Score is:

"This FICO Score was provide by TransUnion, based on your enrollment to receive your monthly FICO score."

"This information has been provided by TransUnion®, a third party, and Walmart/GE Money Bank have no responsibility for the content provided."

"Check your credit report" links to: http://www.myfico.com/Offers/SOS/TransUnion-Suite.aspx?lpid=GEWA2

Starting April '11: 624 EQ / 595 TU / 585 EX*
Rebuilding Low Score: 597 EQ / 595 TU / 577 EX**
Current Score: 650 EQ / 672 TU* / 632 EX*
Goal Score: 700
* = FICO Lender Pull / ** = PSECU / MIDLAND = Google "Email to the bigwigs"

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Lel
[ Edited ]

enerd wrote:

GEMB / Walmart Store Card: FREE MONTHLY FICO? From myFICO?

Account Services -> View FICO Score

FICO® Score: View

Your FICO® Score
As of July 20, 2011
your FICO® Score is:

"This FICO Score was provide by TransUnion, based on your enrollment to receive your monthly FICO score."

"This information has been provided by TransUnion®, a third party, and Walmart/GE Money Bank have no responsibility for the content provided."

"Check your credit report" links to: http://www.myfico.com/Offers/SOS/TransUnion-Suite.aspx?lpid=GEWA2

Lots of discussion about this here:

Walmart Credit Card Users: FREE Fico Scores are available!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

And I'll update the bottom of the first post to include this TU FICO once we know which version it is. If I don't hear anything by this weekend, I'll put "unknown" next to it and list it anyway.

Established Member
nickcredit
[ Edited ]

After reviewing the CMS list I wanted a CMS where I could do daily pulls from all 3 CRA's and simply ignore the FAKO that comes with it. Based on the advice in this forum I signed up for USAA CreditCheck Premium. BUT USAA is now directly using the Experian CMS and simply throws their bank logo in the upper right hand corner of the page. - The Experian CMS is quite vague and incomplete as compared to Citi Identity Monitor which I have used for a year or so. Additionally, I just signed up for MyFico.com monitoring to get true FICO scores from TU and EQ but I also wanted to track some disputes on a daily basis which is what brought me to the forum.

My question is, what CMS should I use (if it exists) so that I can track / pull all 3 CR's daily to track status changes of my disputes?

I will continue to use MyFico for true scores but strictly for that purpose. 

THANKS IN ADVANCE!

Moderator Emeritus
llecs

The USAA CCT resale is an Experian product (same as CCT, but only daily). It'll review it though as this list is past due for a quarterly update. I'll look at it during the week this week.

Outside of USAA's version of CCT, the only daily puller I know of is the EDIT MPM version: http://www.eliminateidtheft.com/

CCT was also resold through Merrill Lynch. I don't know if the daily pull feature that CCT until recently offered is still there.

BTW, I finally got around to cancelling CCT for DW and I over the weekend (saves $70/mo...yay) and expressed my gripe about their changes from daily pulls to only 3x-month pulls. Told her that CCT should have added pricing tiers for those of us that pull daily vs. those who probably only pull 1-2-3-4-5x mo. I don't think they take our comments seriously anyway.

Established Member
nickcredit

FYI, Eliminate ID Theft site is now fully outsourcing their monitoring to "My pricacy matters" which is run by Truecredit.com (which is frankly the worst monioring I've seen yet.)

I have come to the resolve that there is no where to daily monitor your credit with the 3 reporting agencies. I find that fact amazingly frustrating. In this day in age we can't see what the credit reporting agencies are doing with our personal infomation? The inability to be able to see my credit report daily blows my mind. 

I give up.

Moderator Emeritus
beamMEup
[ Edited ]

nickcredit wrote:

FYI, Eliminate ID Theft site is now fully outsourcing their monitoring to "My pricacy matters" which is run by Truecredit.com (which is frankly the worst monioring I've seen yet.)

I have come to the resolve that there is no where to daily monitor your credit with the 3 reporting agencies. I find that fact amazingly frustrating. In this day in age we can't see what the credit reporting agencies are doing with our personal infomation? The inability to be able to see my credit report daily blows my mind. 

I give up.

I've been using EID for quite a while - over a year? or so? As long as I have had them, they have always worked through MPM.  You actually log in twice.

As far as credit report monitoring, they do fine.  I can check mine daily, if I choose to.

It's not as quick a log-in as one would wish for (certainly!) but once you are accustomed to it, I can log in and see a new report updated for all 3 CRA's in a minute or two.  And again - daily, if I wished to.

ETA:  Just, of course, ignore the ridiculous credit scores and the advice that accompanies them.

Just puttin' syrup on something, don't make it pancakes.
Senior Contributor
Booner72

I just signed up DH and myself thru Elim ID Theft - 17.95 a month for  the both of us is a great deal, IMO - as far as monitoring all three go at least.

I can't get the info for at least two days which I'm not happy about, though.

It's expensive to take care of your credit, but we've all learned the hard way, it's easier to take care of things before they happen.

STARTING: 11/24/10 EQ-584 EXP-648 TU04-595
CLOSED FIRST HOME 8/19/11 EQ-630 EXP-691 TU04-653
CURRENT: EQ-701 EXP-??? TU08-720
Senior Contributor
drkaje

I'm leaning towards CCT but all the credit mistakes that need some degree of monitoring (to see if Goodwill works) are 5+ years old.

Not planning on any major moves this year and can figure out utilization percentages for free.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 754 FICO, EQ 737FICO
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Established Contributor
kjm79

llecs wrote:

Credit Monitoring Service (CMS) Guide

TransUnion (TU)-related products:

Truecredit.com  -  $14.95/mo  -  FAKO (VantageScore)  -  TC used to be a great product before they messed it up. You used to have the ability to pull all 3 CRs every 24 hours. Now, you can only do a comparison update on TU on a daily basis and you have to pay $29.95 if you want all three reports. The scores offered are Vantage scores. Other sites, like credit.com, also offer the same service. Updated 6/1//11

I signed up for truecredit right around the time of your update and I must've JUST missed those changes.  I do pay the $14.95 a month and get free daily pulls for my TU report.  I also get 1 free 3 in 1 a month and I have the ability to pull as many other 3 in 1's I want during the month for $9.95.  I signed my DH up for the same service last month and sure enough, still get the free daily TU reports but if we want his 3 in 1, it's 29.95 a pop, not even a free one once a month.  I like the service for me.  Timing really is everything I guess. 

I also have scorewatch through myFICO.  Does anyone know what or how it's different if I take advantage of the savings by going through NavyFed's EQ Scorewatch?  Does it still bring you to this site or is it different altogether?

Starting Score: TU? EQ 585 EX? (12/06) (CH 7 bk 11/04)
Current Score: (5/12) TU 699 (myFICO) TU 709 (WalMart) EQ 690 EX 686 (CC denial 7/11)
Goal Score: 720 Across the Board by Mid 2012