Valued Contributor
Re: AU vs. Joint
[ Edited ]

llecs wrote:

If I had to choose, I'd be an AU over a joint user. If anything went south, then I could remove my self easily. As a joint user, you can't do that. Score-wise, there is no difference per FICO. Under a manual review, there should be no difference, though I am not sure how they'd look at it in terms of DTI. I suppose more favorable than a joint user.

You should have been added as a joint user if your name was on the app at the very day they applied for it. You cannot be added as a joint user after the app was submitted.

I don't think this is true. I was added as a joint on a Chase card three months ago, I had to fill out an application just like if I was going to be getting a new card under my own name. They placed a hard inquiry on my file.  At that point, my AU was changed to Joint on the CRAs file, and the statements now come in both of our names.

Edited for horrible grammar.

Starting FICO Score: 10/10: TU 498 | EQ: 502 Current FICO Score(lender pull): 09/14: TU: 784 | EQ: 752 | EX: 784
Collections Removed: Hunter Warfield, CBE Group, Merchants Credit Guide, EOS-CCA, Enhanced Recovery, Portfolio Recovery, UCB, American Collection Company, Medical Business Bureau, Jefferson Capital, Credit Portfolio Associates, FCO, LVNV, Convergent, Armor Systems
Other Negative Entries Removed:Plains Commerce CO, HSBC CO, 2008 Judgment Santander Reposession

Positive Accounts:10/10: 0 | 07/12: 6 | Mortgage Closed 5/12, Macy's AMEX $13900, Citi/Home Depot $8500, Capital One Cash Rewards $3500, BOA $7500 Total Utilization: 3%. AAoA: 2yr, 9mth. INQS: 1 TU, 1 EQ, 3 EX