Established Contributor
TNTransplant
Re: ALL 3 fico scores one site , Road to 850 aka mycreditplan.org

Well, at risk of waking the elephant in the room, I’m just going to say it.  This has been on my mind, and as long as I’m suppositioning as to why I think that FICO® was just as involved as the CRAs in keeping this site from offering true FICO® scores, then here you go…

The primary reason that any of these would want the other site to be classified as a “credit repair” agency is for financial reasons - I think we all agree on that.  And as another poster stated, how can one better defeat the enemy than to discredit and distract from the real issue?

Question:  Why would FICO® be involved in this and want to restrict the other site from offering all three credit scores?

Answer:  Because it would hurt their bottom line.  This site is administered by FICO®, so I think it’s safe to say that they would suffer if consumers started buying their scores from another site.  They pretty much have the market covered, with the exception of joining a bank/credit union/Walmart to obtain true FICO® scores (yes, I know about the outlier named Equifax).  So, if I could obtain all three CRA FICO® scores monthly from one site for a reasonable fee, you better believe I’d be all over that.  And so would a lot of other people as soon as the word got out.  Ultimately, FICO® would suffer financially because they would lose sales of their own product through this site.

I've appreciated the good input from others on this thread; love the discussion - hopefully this post will be able to stay on here... :smileywink:

Starting Score: Jan 2012: EQ - 659, TU08 - 670, EX - ???
Current Score:April 2014: EQ - 772, TU08 - 782, EX - 754
Last App:3/21/14