Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan
How To Put my Credit in "Cold Storage"
[ Edited ]

Due to some mishaps I suffered in the financial collapse, and other life events, my credit score is cratered.  Unfortunately, one of the sources of damage is a judgment of approximately $2,000.  Since judgments last ten years here in California, it will be at least 2020 before my credit score will increase significantly.  (The rest of the damage was in the 2006 to 2009 timeframe.)

Since even paying off the debts (which I can't afford to do now) won't help my score, what I want to do is treat my credit score/report like a harmful radioisotope: seal it up and lock it away until it goes through a couple "half-lives" and can be "safely handled" again (probably the early 2020s).  I am establishing an offshore financial presence and other means to continue to operate and obtain what I need by means other than credit scores.

I want to make it so no one can add to, access, or change anything on my credit report.  I've read about putting fraud reports on, but I'm not sure if this effectively locks away my credit reports from access and soft pulls.  Does anyone have any idea how I can effectively seal and lock away my credit reports for the next 8 years or so?

- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...