Established Member
sweetkia21
Where is the best place to get a personal loan?
I am buying a house and will be tapped out. I need to do some repairs to the house and get my car fixed.I need to get at least $6500 and need to know the best place to get a personal loan that will be repaid in a year. I was thinking of opening an account with Delta Credit Union and getting the loan there.Does anyone have any suggestions?

Starting Score: TU-585,EQ-569,EX-542 (lender pull 1/24/12)
Current Score: UNKNOWN
Goal Score: 700 CLUB

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Member
lecorps4fun
Re: Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

Your local credit union will probably be your best bet.  They tend to have a better interest rate.

Established Member
sk8rmom56
Re: Where is the best place to get a personal loan?

I'd also check out community banks in your area. I just this month got one from one, I actually was contacted by them (I'm not a customer). It seemed much too easy,but I was pre approved for a promotional. They are very new to here,having just absorbed another small group. I got a $5000 personal loan,at 7% for 36 months with no prepay penalty. I was also trying to find out about a personal loan for about a year now, for the same sort of things, not wanting to go to a HEL, but needing some dead trees removed,repairs on the kithchen sub floor and such. This just fell into the right time-right place karma thing for me. Also is reporting as a personal loan already and didn't hurt my score very much. Good luck.