Re: Please refresh my memory....[ Edited ]
11-13-2012 05:58 AM - edited 11-13-2012 05:59 AM
Thank you for the responses.
I just did an internet search for Mr. Duh. He appears to be in the same house he has lived in for 10 years. His number is public. And if Mr. X is really after him, then I suspect he could easily find him and serve him, so why go out of his way to search for me and contact me??
1. If I remember correctly, Mr. X can only call me ONCE trying to locate Mr. Duh. Is this correct? Mr. X called once and left a voicemail. Is he allowed to keep calling me until he talks to me? Or is once the limit?
2. Mr. X should NOT have stated he was looking for Mr. Duh to collect on bad checks. (He's not suppose to say why he's calling, right?) Mr. X very clearly said he was calling to find Mr. Duh, my relative, regarding bad checks. Bad Mr. X!
3. I have already pulled my annual reports (just a few weeks ago). I am concerned because Mr. X called my cell phone number. The only way I can think of that Mr. X got my phone number was if he pulled my credit. Mr. Duh has never had this number, nor have any of his friends, or his relatives. (His real and his fake relatives.) Can I pull my credit reports again to find out if Mr. X pulled my credit?? <my cell phone is not even in my name, that is how careful I have been; it's not even tied to any accounts.> Is there a legit way to pull my credit reports again (for free) to find out if Mr. X pulled my credit to get my cell phone number? That is the only way I can imagine he could have gotten since Mr. Duh does not have it and none of Mr. Duh's relatives or friends have it. I had just pulled my credit reports for free a few weeks ago.
4. I am unable to find a website for Mr. X (CMS and Associates). Bad sign?
5. I googled Mr. X's phone number (caller ID and what he left in voicemail are the same). Just a few very recent complaints about Mr. X calling from CMS to collect on a debt.
6. As of a few months ago, Mr. Duh still lived in the same house, drove the same car, and had the same bank. A friend reported that she had driven by and Mr. Duh was still there and so was his car. I have not seen or talked to Mr. Duh in seven years. (Moved and changed my phone number and email. I do NOT want Mr. Duh to know where I am.) Is there something else I can do to verify where Mr. Duh is without having any contact with him?
7. Should I be suspicious that Mr. X is really trying to nail me for something? Mr. X has to go way out of his way to track me down. Then he claimed I was a relative to Mr. Duh -- and I am NOT related to him in anyway! There was never joint credit! And I look at it - Mr. Duh is in the same place he has been for the last 10 years....so why hunt me down when I have no connection to Mr. Duh? It wouldn't be the first time someone has called me and left a lie on voicemail.