Re: Success Stories and Encouragement
Hi, I've been reading these forums for about a year but haven't really posted that much. My wife and I have been working on our credit the whole time. We have written letters and had mistakes corrected or deleted. We have probably spent $60 on postage and the cost of purchasing scores from myfico. When we first signed up, I had a 565 average and my wife had a 573. Last year, we bought a car and got a 17% interest rate. Well, we bought another one last week and got a 6.9%. My average is now 672 and my wife's is 691. We have corrected everything we can and really just have to let time work in our favor now. We have opened up a couple of credit cards with low limits as well as paid off that 17% loan. We are hoping that a year from now we will be up above 700 and in position to buy a house. Anyway, I don't always like to toot my own horn, but we are very proud of what we've done and I also want to give encouragement to other people that are just getting started. Our credit was in absolute shambles and we have pulled it together in about 18 months. If we can do it, anybody can really. Best of luck.